The following terms apply:
“Owner” shall mean Airhouses (M.W. and C.A. Houghton)
“Customer” shall mean the person who made the booking
“Tenants” shall mean the people in the Customer’s party
When you submit a booking via our online booking system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your deposit payment has cleared and your booking is confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent by post or email.
The Customer agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Terms and Conditions are adhered to by ALL members of the party.
1. The number of people occupying the premises during the day or overnight shall not exceed the number stated on the booking form. Breach of this rule will terminate the contract without recompense to the Customer.
2. The maximum per property at any one time is:
The Capercaillie - 10
The Buchanan - 6
The Lamont - 6
The Ramsay - 4
The Lodge - 2
The Rowan Pod. - 2
3. The Customer agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the Terms and Conditions are adhered to by all members of the party and must personally stay at the accommodation throughout the holiday period. The names on the booking form will remain the same throughout the holiday period.
4. The Customer and Tenants agree to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire.
5. Owner has the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for the purpose of inspection or repair work.
6. All properties and immediate areas are totally non-smoking.
7. The Customer and Tenants agree to monitor children at all times and note that children are not allowed in the Hot Tubs unless adults are supervising.
8. Weber Charcoal BBQs are provided for the Lamont, Buchanan, Ramsay and The Lodge from April to October. A starter pack of Dorset Charcoal is provided and additional bags can be purchased.
Only our own BBQs with the supplied charcoal are permitted to be used.
The BBQ must be used on the lower decking in the case of the Lamont, Buchanan and Lodge and on the rear decking for the Ramsay.
Dorset Charcoal is provided for the Capercaillie and the Rowan BBQ Huts all year round.
9. The Customer shall undertake to prevent any member of his/her party from causing a nuisance or disturbance to other residents, neighbouring occupiers or farm livestock. We reserve the right to terminate the visit of any person whose conduct is detrimental to the comfort of others, without recompense to the Customer.
10. The Customer undertakes to leave the premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let.
11. The Customer undertakes to relieve the Owner of any liability for damage or injury, however caused, by any member of his/her party.
12. The Owner cannot accept responsibility for the failure of services such as gas, water, electricity, sewerage systems, breakdown of domestic equipment, mechanical equipment, Wi-Fi, hot tub etc. However, everything will be done to arrange prompt repairs or replacements.
13. The Owner, his agents or employees accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Customer’s party of their property, howsoever caused, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises.
14. Dogs are welcome by arrangement. Please see our Dog Charter.
15. The Customer and Tenants agree to respect and look after the accommodation during their stay and to leave the property clean and tidy. Check out time is no later than 10.00 am (unless on a Sunday) and the right is reserved to charge an additional fee for each hour or part thereof where the stay extends beyond 10.00 am.
16. Electric Vehicles - outside 3 pin socket can be available. Please ask before use. The Owners cannot accept any liability for Customers vehicles.
17. Please ensure that no items are attached to the walls, ceilings, doors or door frames.
18. Please use candles safely and we reserve the right to charge for damage/extra cleaning due to candle wax. Fireworks or Lanterns are not permitted.
In the following instances there may be additional charges:
Deposit – your booking will be confirmed following receipt of the relevant deposit. The deposit of 30% is payable on booking and forms part of the total rate for the property.
The balance is due not less than 60 days before the arrival date.
Payment may be by debit card, credit card or BACS.
Where more than one property is booked for the same party, an additional Housekeeping Deposit may be required.
1. To notify any cancellation in writing and pay any monies due.
2. The deposit once paid is non-refundable, regardless of circumstances and the dates cannot be moved. We strongly recommend taking out Holiday Insurance
3. If the accommodation is relet at the full rate, a full refund of the balance, less an administration fee, will be made. If relet at a lesser rate a partial refund will be made pro rata. If the property is not relet, then no refund will be made. Once the balance is paid this will be refunded, or part refunded, if the property can be re-let.
1. Cancellations must be notified to us by email.
2. If you cancel 61 or more days before check in date amd we are able to relet your dates then we will refund your deposit. If we are unabe to relet you remain responsible for the deposit and there will be no refund under any circumstances. Your deposit, if refundable, will be reimbursed at check in date of original booking.
3. If you cancel between 60 days and 2 days before the check in date, you will receive a full refund of the costs you have paid. This will be reimbursed in full at check out date of original booking.
4. If you cancel one day before check in date or the day of check in, you will not be reimbursed for your booking under any circumstances.
The Owner has taken every care to ensure the accuracy of property descriptions and all information is provided in good faith and believed to be correct. In the event that any individual term or clause stated in this Contract is not permissible by law, the remainder of the Contract shall remain valid. This Contract is governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Scotland and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
To do our very best to ensure your holiday is everything you could wish it to be!
Martin and Carol Houghton
Airhouses, Lauder, TD2 6PX
Tel: 01578 750642
5 Self Catering "5 Star" Luxury Lodges each with their own Hot Tub in Scotland, close to Edinburgh in the Scottish Borders offering you peace, tranquillity and a place to escape to in the heart of beautiful Scotland.